Sunday 27 November 2011

Picture Perfect Sundays!!!

Early last month I made a trip back home to England for the weekend. I had such a lovely time catching up with my family and spending some time at my parents house.

The plan was to tell you all about everything that I got up to. However, it's almost two months later and I still haven't written the blog post!!! Instead I thought I would share my pictures in a "Picture Perfect Sunday" post. I hope you enjoy a little glimpse of the place I grew up  :-)


Malmesbury High Street- Check out the bunting hanging from shop to shop :-)



 


At the top of Malemsbury High street lives The Abbey, I love to walk through its gardens and marvel at how beautiful it is.


  

Malmesbury's Market Cross.


A view from across the town.


I've always really enjoyed walking around the town, there's so much to explore!
I also love to follow the river and always find it very peaceful especially when the October sun is out to say hello!

 
Popped to the Tetbury with mum.
Tetbury is the next town on from Malmesbury and has a beautiful church.


We stopped for a snack in this cute little cafe. They also sold homemade sweets and cute crafty gifts.


Mum and her cola. 
It was lovely to be alone with mum for the afternoon. We enjoyed the weather and got to catch up on everything. 


I had a nice hot coffee and some yummy crisps. A slightly odd combination but I did enjoy them both very much!

It was a much needed trip home and I left feeling all warm and full of mums lovely baking! BLISS!
Probably not the most exciting post for you guys, but a very special one for me. I hope you liked having a little peak at where I'm from. 

I'm off to bed, then up to play my usual double show Sunday! 
Thanks for dropping by! I hope you all have a FABULOUS Sunday!!!!!! 

This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it`s great when we Mums get to spend some much-valued time out with our children which doesn`t happen often enough sometimes!Good Sunday to you too, Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely trip home. Malmesbury looks a pretty town and its good that you got to spend a lovely afternoon with your mum. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff Matt. Makes me really want to visit the UK and Europe again, it's been too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post Matt. I just found your blog from Lucy's group on Ravelry. I've been to England twice and would love to go back and explore some of the towns. I'm glad you had a good time with your Mum. I love spending time with my three grown children and hope they like it as much as you seem to enjoy your Mum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!