Sunday 7 August 2011

Picture Perfect Sundays!!!

Happy Sunday everybody!!! Have a lovely sunny day! I'm just off to work for a double show day. My body is tired but the thought of Monday off keeps me buzzing!


I thought I would put a group of my projects together and get a nice little picture. Here are some of my bright blankets and cushions hanging out of my chest of drawers. I love the colours and how each of these creations manages to brighten up my apartment.


A close up shot of my Gay Pride flag.
Yesterday was Gay pride in Hamburg, I went with Dennis and my good friend Andrew to watch the parade. I had never been to a Gay Pride event before and was really overwhelmed with just how much pride I really did feel. I stood at the side of the road waving my pride flag and wearing a "Dildo King" baseball cap, both of which were given to me by an eight foot tall drag queen.
It did "rain on my Parade" but that did not dampen peoples spirits. Everybody stood and supported each other. People were cheering as the procession of amazing costumes and make up passed. There were people dancing through the street to the thump thump of Diana Ross singing "I'm coming out". It was such a joy to see and gave me so much energy as I headed of to work for the day.


A single rose that sits in an old mustard jar.
Dennis bought a bunch of roses from the local flower stall. I couldn't resist taking one away from the rest of the bunch and getting a close up shot. I love having fresh flowers around the apartment!

This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

5 comments:

  1. Just catching up on your last couple of blogs. I liked your cartoon and its lovely to see you so happy to have Dennis back. Your flower cushion is beautiful, well done. I'm pleased you had a good time at Gay Pride in Hamburg and that the rain didn't dampen everyones spirits. The rain here was torrential yesterday! Those little ketchup jars are so cute by the way. I think I would be collecting them too. Have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a great time at Gay Pride. My best buddies, Matthew and Al have just split up after an 8-year relationship and it`s all very sad around here at the mo. I don`t call them my 'Gay Friends',not that I`m in any way ashamed to call them that but rather that, to me, they`re just my friends and I love them as individual people. We`ve had some fantastic nights out together but I`m getting a bit too old to be thrown around the dancefloor to the beat of `I Will Survive` anymore!Neither am I a `fag hag`, a name which I abhor - I`m just their funny old-lady friend.Also, I love all of your crochet work - it`s so very cheery and beautifully done.Have a good week, Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love the flag. We went to our Pride on 6th August was good fun had a Radio 1 dj playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have really lovely post. and nice blog layout. really friendly and inspiring..

    following your blog now.
    hope you check and follow mine too..
    http://noehs-ark.blogspot.com

    p.s.
    thanks for liking my photo in Instagram!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!